What is a blog, you may ask? A blog is a regularly updated website or web page that is written in a conversational style. Blogs can help pull traffic to your site and, ultimately, lead to new business. However, a blog isn’t just well-written words on a page. In addition to being well written, a good blog post needs two things: relatability and promotion.
Everyday people who are able to relate with an everyday audience write most blogs; hence, why blogs are defined as “conversational.”
In addition to being relatable to clients, your blog needs to be promoted. Blogs can be an incredible tool to increase search engine traffic, leads, and conversions; however, a tool is not useful if it’s kept in the toolbox. In order for your blogs to reach their full potential, any blogs that you post needs to be promoted on all your social media outlets. If your site generally sees three to five organic views per day, once you post a blog on social media you should expect to see dramatically increase on the newest post. This viewership explosion not only helps establish you as an “expert” in your field, but it also helps get your name in the forefront of people’s minds. The use of a blog on your website has so many benefits it is at times hard to name them all.
- Embed videos and presentations.
- Share blog articles in email newsletters.
- Signal that your business is alive.
- Promote your offers in your blog content.
- Bring to life your company mission statement.
- Highlight those who make your business successful in your blog.
- Support off-line activities through your business blogging.
- Test out marketing campaigns.
- Understand customer personas better.
- Communicate PR-type news (product releases, upcoming events, etc.).
- Facilitate discussion.
- Take ownership of your online identity.
- Generate positive ROI from your marketing blog.
- Educate your prospects.
- Answer commonly asked questions about your business.
- Build out FAQs on your website.
- Address a topic in depth in a blog article.
- Repurpose blog content.
- Share your passion.
- Demonstrate dependability and trustworthiness.
- Create fresh relevant content for your website.
- Give search engines a reason to index your website content.
- Let your charming, conversational business self-come through.
- Deep link to relevant content on your website.
- Have something valuable to say on social networks.
- Become a thought-leader for your industry.